Encino CA Homes & Real Estate
Explore all available homes and real estate listings in Encino, CA. This peaceful residential community is situated in the San Fernando Valley, to the north of Brentwood and between Tarzana and Sherman Oaks. Encino offers a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of housing options, from the canyon lifestyle to the more urban Encino Village located along Ventura Boulevard. Start your search today and discover the perfect property for you!
Encino residents enjoy the area's convenient location, particularly the easy access to the 101 Freeway, which allows for effortless travel in and out of the area. With a quick drive down the 101 or 405 Freeways, residents can reach the Westside, beach cities, or other Valley neighborhoods like Sherman Oaks, Studio City, or Burbank. To stay up-to-date on the latest properties available in Encino, be sure to register for a free account to receive alerts as soon as they hit the market.
Encino Real Estate
Encino's real estate market features single-family homes and condominiums, with home prices typically above the L.A. County average. The hills above the Valley boast large luxury homes and estates, while enclaves within the community are characterized by an abundance of trees. The area offers easy access to parks and convenient shopping areas along Ventura. Encino homes for sale can be searched by zip code, including 91316, 91403, and 91436.
Encino boasts a blend of stunning architecture amid lush green spaces, winding canyon roads, and gated communities. Here you'll discover an array of home styles, from traditional English, Cape Cod, Mid-Century Modern, Ranch, and Contemporary. In the more upscale enclaves, Mediterranean, Tuscan, and Traditional homes are prevalent. Esteemed architects like Martin Stern, Robert Byrd, and Richard Neutra have all made their mark on the community's buildings.
Feautured Encino Neighborhoods
- Rancho Estates is a highly coveted neighborhood right below the Encino Reservoir, nestled in the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains. Homes here sit on large lots amidst winding, tree-lined streets. Properties that include backyard pools and tennis courts are common. You can also find Ranch homes designed by Robert Byrd here.
- Amestoy Estates is another affluent enclave of Encino located just south of Ventura Boulevard. Cape Cod and Mediterranean-style homes are common here.
- Clark Gable Estates is a desirable part of Encino, situated just north of Ventura. Formerly home to the iconic actor, Clark Gable Estates is an attractive 30-acre neighborhood with estate homes.
- Lake Encino is a peaceful, scenic neighborhood around the reservoir with Ranch houses and estates, many built in the 1970s.
- Encino Village, once home to RKO’s studio, is now a lovely residential neighborhood north of the 101 Freeway. Architect Martin Stern, Jr. designed many of the homes which fall into four main categories: Traditional, Ranch, Transitional, and Modern. There are also several luxury condominiums available here, too.
- Encino Woods is a quiet enclave with a mix of homes and condominiums.
- Encino Flats sits just south of Ventura Boulevard near the 405 Freeway.
- Encino Hills/Royal Oaks is a lush hillside community abutted by the 405 Freeway along its eastern border.
Living in Encino
The San Fernando Valley enjoys an average of 288 sunny days per year and receives less than 20 inches of rainfall annually. While summer temperatures can reach the 90s F (and occasionally the 100s), the climate is generally temperate. If you prefer low humidity, this is an ideal location in Los Angeles for you.
Encino boasts a rich history dating back centuries. In 1769, Spanish explorer Portola and missionary Juan Crespi passed through the Sepulveda pass into the San Fernando Valley, which Crespi named "El Valle de Santa Catalina de Bononia de Los Encinos."
About 75 years later, Rancho Los Encinos was established as a cattle ranch as part of a land grant to Vincent De La Ossa. Many more ranches appeared across the valley, and it wasn't until the 1900s that the Encino community began to grow significantly, aided by the Encino Chamber of Commerce and its popularity as a Hollywood filming location.
- Are you a fan of fresh and healthy produce? Then visit the Encino Farmers Market, open every Sunday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. This market was voted as the best farmers market in the San Fernando Valley and features live music, face painting, and other fun activities for kids.
- The Encino-Tarzana Branch Library, part of the Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) system, is open Monday through Saturday, serving both neighborhoods. In addition to books, reading groups, and computer access, the library offers programming such as yoga classes.
Parks & Recreation
Lake Balboa Park (a.k.a. Anthony C. Beilenson Park) - Part of the massive Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area, this 80-acre water recreation area/park offers boating, fishing, and variety of other water activities on the 27-acre Lake Balboa. There are great paths for jogging and biking and ample locations for picnics and barbeques.
The Balboa Sports Complex - The sports complex includes lighted outdoor basketball, volleyball and tennis courts, a handball court, football field and baseball diamond. It also has an extensive gymnasium, children's playground, and community room.
Woodley Park - Technically in the Van Nuys section of the basin, but still part of the broader recreation area, Woodley Park is home to Leo Magnus Cricket Complex where some of the city’s best cricket players convene. It also houses the Woodley Park Archers which is open daily and free Saturday mornings. There are also open spaces to bring your dog.
Japanese Garden (aka SuihoEn) - SuihoEn, meaning “garden of water and fragrance,” is an authentic Japanese garden on the northeastern corner of the Sepulveda Basin just north of Woodley Park. Inspired by strolling gardens constructed in the 18th/19th century, this 6.5-acre space is the perfect retreat with flowers for all seasons, including cherry blossom and magnolia trees.
Also within the Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area are three golf courses:
- Woodley Lakes Golf Course
- Balboa Golf Course
- Encino Municipal Golf Course
Los Encinos State Historic Park - Near the corner of Balboa and Ventura Blvd, Encino’s 4.7-acre park is a lovely haven with a lot of history. Officially deemed a California state park in 1949, it has a pond and natural spring, along with some of the original 19th-century adobe/limestone structures from Rancho Los Encinos.
Caballero Canyon Trail - In neighboring Tarzana, just up Reseda Boulevard, sits the Caballero Canyon Trail. Hikers take advantage of the networked trails to get a good workout, especially on a few of the steeper ascents. Trekkers are always rewarded by nature's calming influence as well as panoramic views of the Valley. Other nearby hiking options include:
- Westridge-Canyonback Wilderness Park
- San Vicente Mountain Park
Shopping & Dining
Ventura Boulevard offers a wide range of culinary options from Middle-Eastern mainstays, Japanese restaurants, American diners, pizza joints and cafes providing healthy fare. The boulevard is the main shopping drag in the area with both prominent national brands as well as locally-owned and operated specialty shops. Encino Commons is a hub of restaurants, spas and yoga studios, with Plaza De Oro Shopping Center just blocks away.
Encino has some a few lounges and gastropubs for happy hour and late-night libations. And in adjacent Tarzana, other area gems include a saloon with live music and bar games. Paladino’s boasts a whole line-up of bands and entertainment.
Do you have questions Encino homes for sale? If you’re interested in viewing homes, let’s schedule a private showing at a time convenient for you. We know the ins-and-outs of the market and our Encino real estate agents can help you find your dream home!
If you’re selling a home in Encino, we can generate custom home valuation report based recent market sales data. We can also explain the current real estate market trends, outline the best marketing strategy for your house, list it on the largest regional MLS, and advertise it on our highly-trafficked website. We specialize in aggressively marketing properties to ensure the quickest home sale possible.